Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Joining the Blog Community...

My First Blog Post
So so so much to include in this first post as I have been contemplating starting a blog for quite some time now! As a mother of two beautiful little ladies I am realizing just how fast time really does go. I find myself calling my own Mom every time we have a funny moment to share and every time she says, 'You really should write these moments down.' And of course i never get around to it. So here we go, a place to record fun moments, great pictures, and simply the days of our lives.

We welcomed Jenna Grace to our family on November 16, 2008 at 12:49pm. She weighed 9lbs., 9.8 oz, 20 inches long! Now we know why I was really starting to ache and move slowly! Everything worked out so well, I am still so amazed. My parents were in town from Iowa that weekend so I was hoping and praying I would go into labor. By Saturday night (after walking a lot all weekend) I had pretty much given up hope, but things changed Sunday morning. Lauryn woke us up at 6am and as I was going to put her back to sleep (hopefully) my water broke. I was absolutely thrilled! It was awesome to have Mom and Dad here to be with Lauryn and to get to meet Jenna so soon!

Daddy patiently awaiting-what an incredible support he was!!!


Here I am, enjoying the labor process-seriously, this is always an exciting time for me! This time I was quite emotional-at one point our awesome nurse, Mary Kay, asked me if I needed more pain medication because I was crying. I simply replied, "I am not in pain, I am just so happy!" I feel so blessed to have such an incredible husband and to be able to experience life with him. Here she is, Miss Jenna Grace Schleusner!!! And here is Mom, falling in love once again!
Proud Daddy and Mommy


Lauryn's first time meeting Jenna-she was almost speechless! I had no idea a 2 year old could cry tears of excitement, but she was close. She was so excited she was shaking as soon as she saw her, she said, "Mommy, baby Jenna come out!!!" Amazing what young ones can grasp....



Papa and Mamma (my Dad and Mom) meet Jenna




First days at home





Jenna was slightly jaundice so I had to teach her how to sunbathe at a very young age! This picture cracks me up-I am trying to get her chest and abdominal area some sun while protecting her eyes at the same time! She looks like my little thug girl!

In my never-ending quest to take great pictures (yes I am a photographer wannabe, never gonna be) I decided to take few shots of the girls.


Not bad, right? but then I tried to get one of the two of them...


Yes it would have made a funny card, but not really what I had in mind! :) Thank goodness we discovered a fabulous photographer, Tammy Hoeger, to take the girls' pictures and create amazing Christmas cards this year!!! I highly recommend her, she does awesome work, has a great modern style, and is incredible with kids. http://www.capturingmomentsphotography.net/

Here's a picture of Lauryn I couldn't help but capture. She was actually saying goodbye to our dear friends, Brad and Kari, but to me it looked like she was watching for Santa!


Lauryn LOVED decorating for Christmas this year. She got to go with Jake all by herself to pick out the tree so that was pretty special.


Here's Lauryn with her best buddy Blake, drinking their milk together one morning.




Wonderful Mom Moments...





















I absolutely love the way Lauryn and Jenna are looking at each other in this picture. They already totally adore one another!


Tradition Carries On-For years, for every event my Mom made cut out cookies. And I mean every holiday, every baptism, first communion, etc. So here I am, becoming my mother, and starting the tradition in our own home. However, I plan to keep it a Christmas thing. Period. :)
















the finished project
Christmas Eve 2008
gotta love a man that sets the table for Christmas dinner and makes sure Jenna has a stocking too!

MAX
This is what happens when your two-year old figures out that Mommy's hands are full when she is feeding baby Jenna! I think I have 5 different shades of lip gloss in my purse and of course she would chose the raspberry flavored and colored! She came out to the living room and asked, "Mommy I pretty?"

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm glad you are a blogger now! I love all the pics. You have the cutiest family. Sarah Brecht

    ReplyDelete