Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday afternoon



It's Friday afternoon
I just got home from work
I am greeted by Lauryn, beaming ear to ear
I got dressed all by myself Mommy, she says
My little baby is now dressing her self
growing up so quickly. too quickly.
but I smile and tell her how proud I am of her.
the sun is shining, the temperature is almost 50
beautiful weather for March in Minnesota
let's go for a walk I say
Lauryn jumps in delight and states
You take Jenna in the stroller and I take my baby in my stroller
So another walk to Kwik Trip for a sucker and a banana
Today Jenna is awake for the walk and is just looking around
Lauryn again reminds me to stop and look around
Look at my footsteps Mommy
she says after walking through a puddle
Look at the birdies Mommy, 1.2.3 birdies
Mommy I walking with my baby...just like you Mommy
I am in awe of this little girl..so smart so inquistitive
I am reminded of how important our role as parents really is
I look at Lauryn. I look at Jenna.
I can't believe how fast time is going.
there are days I wish it would slow down
we get to Kwik Trip and Lauryn picks out a purple sucker.
do you want a sucker Mommy? she is always so thoughtful
we are leaving now
Lauryn tells me we are going out the hamburger door
what I ask
we go in the pizza door and out the hamburger door she says
I look at the doors, sure enough,
there are photos of these 2 items on the doors
and I am laughing out loud!
it's the little things, I think
we walk back home, need to get home
to have supper with Jake before he goes to hockey
I find myself looking at the girls again
not wanting to forget anything about them
or any of these moments with them
that's why i blog...it's like a journal for me
i want to remember all of these precious moments
I don't want to take a day for granted...
I am reminded in my line of ICU work that you just never know
I want them to always know and feel just how much I love them
And just how much they teach me too

No comments:

Post a Comment