Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursday

it's Thursday morning
my only day off in this 7 day stretch
it begins at 6am with Lauryn crawling into bed...
I pretend I am asleep in hopes she will cuddle up and sleep more too
she showers me with cuddles and kisses and says, 'let's get up Mommy!'
she knows this is 'her' time because Jenna will sleep for a few more hours
we have our toast together on the couch and watch Dora
later Jenna wakes up and we all decide to go to the playground at the mall
I am backing out of the garage and Max disappears
Where is that damn dog I mutter to myself...or so i think
Max appears and Lauryn replys
There's that damn dog Mommy
Time to watch what I say...
Stop at a few stores at the mall, scoping out the clearance racks
Keeping my eyes open for navy blue...
Jake's hockey team is 1 game away from state-the girls may need Panther apparel to support Daddy and his team
Lauryn has a great time playing on the playground, Jenna loves watching
Lauryn very politely asks for ice cream as we pass Cold Stone
It's almost lunch time, but what the heck, i give in and she is all smiles
blue cotton candy ice cream....with sprinkles
$1.81 and she's absolutely thrilled
we continue the walk to our car...
we see a very young boy walking with a walker
'What's that Mommy?' Lauryn asks
With tears in my eyes I explain he needs help walking and that the walker is his friend
Lauryn accepts but then starts walking with her ankles turned in
I am embarrassed and reminded of my father and I doing that to be funny
it's not funny anymore and I am hope they don't see
Later that afternoon we walk to Kwik Trip
Jenna in the stroller, Lauryn's "baby" in her stroller
Lauryn is glowing because she is pushing a stroller/baby just like me
I am glowing because this is my life
I sometimes ask myself, is this for real?
I wish everyone had a 2 year old to remind them of what's important in life
it's the little things
Lauryn shrieks in delight because she can see the train coming
We get a little bit out of our driveway and i realize I need my purse
I told Lauryn we need to go home to get some money
Why she asks
Because i don't have any, I reply
she looks at me so sweetly and so innocent
I have money in my jar Mommy
My heart melts and I tell her that money is just for her
We get some money and make our way to Kwik Trip
She picks out a ring sucker and life is swell
Jake comes home much later
it's parent teacher conferences
Lauryn is still awake-she often lies in bed, awake
waiting for Daddy to come sing Pooh
She tells Daddy all about our walk to Kwik Trip with our babies
And again, I think...I am so blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment