Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday...


It's 9:20am on Friday and yes, Jenna and I are just getting up! Jake so kindly offered to take Lauryn to Missy's this morning so I could sleep in and have my last weekday of maternity leave with just Jenna. What a guy, he is awesome! And let me tell you, we haven't done much but cuddle! :) It's just finally hitting me that I'm not as ready to return to the working world like I thought I was. I am experiencing soooo many emotions today and it's only 11am!

-I am thankful that I have had a wonderful, 13 weeks to be at home with my family.
-I am grateful that I work for an institution that assists and allows a 3 month leave.
-I suddenly feel like it was yesterday when my co-worker, Tracy, said.."Honey, you look really, really tired, are you pregnant?"
-I can remember calling Angie and making her interpret 2 different pregnancies tests.
-I can remember so very clearly being in my physician's office, ready for an ultrasound, scared to death and not knowing what she was going to find.
-I can still feel the tears in my eyes that instantly formed when I got my first look at Jenna at that ultrasound! So very relieved I hadn't miscarried, it wasn't ectopic, or cancer! After 3 weeks of worry we found out everything was fine!
-I can remember preparing Lauryn for the next 9 months that she was going to have a baby brother or sister. She always insisted that it was baby Jenna in Mommy's belly.
-I can remember being so disappointed that labor hadn't started when we went to bed November 15. Mom and Dad were here and it would've been perfect.
-I can still feel the pure excitement and joy when my water broke that next morning and asking Mom and Dad if they could stay another day! :) I couldn't have asked for it to work out better!
-I can still picture Jenna the first second she was born-she was absolutely beautiful and looked just like Lauryn
-I will always remember my entire labor & delivery team-I like to call them my 'A' team
-I truly believe in music during labor/delivery-it relaxes you and takes you right back to the moment when you hear those songs again. I will treasure Lauryn and Jenna's CD's forever
-I can remember crying during labor...not because I hurt, but because we are soooo blessed and wondering why Jake and I deserve to have such a beautiful life together. We are incredibly lucky to have 2 healthy, gorgeous children and after being together for 11.5 years, we are still best friends!
-I can still hear Lauryn when she saw Jenna for the first time, 'Mommy Baby Jenna come out!' she exclaimed with tears in her eyes.
-I can remember Jake and Lauryn (with flowers in their arms) coming to take Jenna and I home from the hospital-and me insisting that we stop at Jimmy Johns for a turkey/avocado sub since I could eat deli meat again!
-I can still see Jenna's first smile-it was my 31st birthday and her 1 month birthday. She was in my arms and I was singing to her. I still kind of think she was smiling because I sing so bad! :)
-I can't believe how fast time really does go
-I am going to miss our days together, especially our naps with her on my chest.
-I am going to miss our mornings that Jenna slept in and Lauryn and I shared toast on the couch and cuddled. though we can still do this on my days off :)
-I am going to miss seeing Jake for lunch every day
-I am going to miss random trips to BabyGap...though our bank account won't!
-I am excited to see my friends at work
-I am eager to be an ICU nurse again
-I am actually craving some routine
-I am thrilled to not have the kitchen so easily accessible and hoping for some more weight loss in these next few weeks!
-I am beyond happy that we have great daycare and that Jenna will be with Lauryn every day and in the care/love of Missy and her family
-I love that we don't have mandatory overtime and know that 8 hours will go by fairly quickly
-I look forward to days off!
-I know with time, we will all adjust! :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Kim! I can relate with sooooo many of those! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete