Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Frozen Goose


Only in Minnesota do you find people crazy enough to run an outside road race in the middle of February! :) My friend Sylvia and I ran the Frozen Goose 5K this morning as a fundraiser for childhood cancer research. Despite the 20 mph cold wind in our face for the first half, it was actually a beautiful morning. There was a great crowd, and it was a nice, flat course. Many of the families participating were running in honor of children they know with cancer. One runner in front of me had a team shirt on with a photo of a beautiful little girl with cancer-she didn't look much older than Lauryn. Now that alone is motivation to keep on running...but not without some tears stinging in my eyes just thinking about everything they must go through. I hope to participate in the 10K next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment